Monday, February 18, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday


Actually this is a very nice relaxed Monday... even if school is closed! The weekend was nice too. Seeing as how we decided to postpone the once every blue moon night out, we decided to go for a fishfry on Friday evening. The Friday fishfry was a tradition that began for me as a little girl. Every Friday my grandparents would take me to a fishfry. My earliest memories of them were at VFW halls and places of that sort. Then around the mid "80s we started going to the restaurant located in Carlisle's department store. When that closed we went to a little restaurant in Madison, Ohio called Potbellys. Alas, Potbellys has now closed for business. I decided to try the fishfry at Sammy's in Grand River (on a recommendation). It was very good, and I think we now have a new Friday fishfry haunt! Rhiannon stayed the night at Grandma's Friday evening so it was just Corey, the baby, and I.

On Saturday we picked Rhiannon up and went to my girlfriend Tammy's house. She does our hair for us. I decided to go back to blonde and cut bangs again. It has been a few years since I have had my hair cut this way. It turned out really nice! We have a pretty sweet deal worked out with Tammy. Corey laid all new stone tile in the lower level of their split level a year and a half ago. In trade, she cuts and colors our hair for us. I personally think the barter system is awesome!

Yesterday we had a 4th birthday party for Rhiannon's cousin Rileigh. Rileigh is Rhiannon's dad's nephew Shaun's daughter. Can you follow that? So I suppose technically she is Rhiannon's second cousin. I am very good friends with Shaun's wife Yvonne. Just an FYI for those of you reading this that don't know me; Rhiannon's dad and I broke things off when Rhiannon was 6 months old. I met my husband Corey 5 minutes later...... just kidding more like 10 :) So many stories for another time....

Anyway, here is my weekend creation

This was created using Douce Fraicheur by Nanine.

Here are some pictures from the birthday party:

Rileigh and Rhiannon

Rhiannon taking pinata inventory.


This was Adrian's two hour long party expression!

No comments: