Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Unfortunately, I have a very nasty head cold this Valentine's Day! I am usually prepared with gifts for everyone, but not this year. I purchased my cards ahead of time, but I am making my husband stop after work to pick up gifts for the kids. This should be good! He probably won't be able to find the Valentine gift bags (which will be right in front of him of course), and bring home gift bags that say Happy Birthday! Just kidding... he is a vary good gift giver, but he is still a man.

We have postponed our night out that was scheduled for this Saturday. We were going to go to my favorite seafood restaurant, Pickle Bill's, for all-you-can-eat crab legs. A celebratory night out for my birthday and Valentine's Day. Pickle Bill's is an awesome place, on Lake Erie, right at the mouth of the Grand River. Grandma was going to watch the kids and I was looking oh so forward, but what good is it when your taste buds are on the fritz from being sick. Oh well. A real quick story about Pickle Bill's.... They have a floating bar out in the river. Once every couple years the bar disconnects from it's dock and floats out into Lake Erie. This usually happens when the ice starts to thaw or when there has been an uncommon amount of rain and the river gets too high. So, they have to head out there and tow it back in. Kind of funny!

Anyway, here are my Valentine pages. The first one is one of my favorite photos of my mom and I. I lost my mom to cancer when she was only 42. I was 18. I will write about that sometime, but not now. The second one is a page I made at my husband's request. He wanted me to make a page using the photos that I have of him and I as children with our pooches. I keep them in frames on my desk. I thought the Valentine layout would be nice.



Iused Lie Fhung's Amorette kit to create the page above, and Retrodiva's Be Mine kit below.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so sorry you are sick :( and even worse that you have to postpone your night out! That stinks! But it is better that you 'really' enjoy it fully!

Heading to the post office today to send you my 'Valentine' to you :)

Feel better my friend!