Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back On the Wagon and Some Exciting News!

I received some exciting news today! A couple weeks ago I received a letter from National American Miss announcing an open call, in our area, for their annual pageant. Rhiannon is extremely outgoing (sometimes too much so) so I thought.. what the heck. Last Sunday the four of us set out for Independence to attend a 2 hour screening (if you will). After we arrived, Rhiannon got her photograph taken. I didn't think to take any pics, but I purchased the photos and the digital rights to the photos she had taken at the shoot. After that was done we all filed into the ballroom for the presentation. It was an explanation of the pageant. Don't worry... it is not one of those freak shows where the moms make their 5 year old children look 25... (shudder). These girls are broken into 5 age groups ranging from 4 to 18, and judged based on; Personal Introduction (30%), Interview (30%), Formal Wear Modeling (30%), and Community Involvement. The children under 12 are not allowed to wear any makeup! During the presentation, the girls were taken out one by one and interviewed. It was explained to us that not every girl is selected, and that we would receive a phone call this week to let us know if our daughter was chosen as a state finalist. I received my phone call today! Yeah! It looks to be a very enjoyable and rewarding experience for Rhiannon. The Queen of each age division is invited to compete at the national competition at Disneyland. The Queen's Court, which is comprised of the four runner's up to the queen, are also invited to compete at the national pageant for a separate title. I am just excited she is competing in the state pageant!

It has been a week since I breastfed, so I am officially back on the bottle-feeding wagon. I used up all my free samples and had to purchase my first $25 can of formula today. Maybe I should have just hung in for the last four months until cow's milk.

No comments: